[Massplanners] ADU owner occupancy enforcement?

Holly Backus hbackus at nantucket-ma.gov
Mon Sep 27 10:01:50 EDT 2021

Hi Alyssa,

Nantucket allows tertiary units as follows: https://ecode360.com/11471477
“The tertiary dwelling shall be in the same ownership as at least one other owner-occupied dwelling unit on the lot, or shall be owned by a not-for-profit, religious, or educational entity, or shall be subject to a restriction limiting occupancy to a year-round household.“

Hope this helps,

Holly E. Backus
Preservation Planner**
Local CLG Coordinator
Local Hazard Mitigation Plan Coordinator
Town of Nantucket
hbackus at nantucket-ma.gov<mailto:hbackus at nantucket-ma.gov>
Check out our Community Resilience Planning @ www.resilientack.org<http://www.resilientack.org/>
**Staff liaison to the Nantucket Historic District Commission (HDC) & Nantucket Historical Commission (NHC)**

Sent from my iPad.