[Massplanners] abandonment of roadway with complications

Elizabeth Ware eware at dracutma.gov
Wed Sep 15 11:52:43 EDT 2021

All good points Dan.

From: Dan Fortier [mailto:dfortier at town.dennis.ma.us]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 7:58 PM
To: Elizabeth Ware <eware at dracutma.gov>; massplanners at masscptc.org
Subject: RE: [Massplanners] abandonment of roadway with complications

Going to throw a completely different issue into the mix. How many people use this road? Public convenience would seem to be an issue, you are adding, it would appear, a mile to each one-way trip in the corridor (figuring there is already a half mile trip length). That will cost residents in time, fuel, wear and tear on their vehicles, etc.  Other, externalized costs would be associated with increase vehicle emissions from the diverted traffic, thus increase air pollution, a cost that everyone has to bear in increased health costs, etc.  Definitely a lot to be considered before making such a decision. If that were my daily commute route, and I was put at a disadvantage, I would not be likely to support dissolving the town road.

Daniel J. Fortier, Sr. AICP
Dennis Town Planner
Town of Dennis
685 Route 134