[Massplanners] Towns taking over state roads

Wayne Feiden wfeiden at northamptonma.gov
Tue Sep 7 10:48:08 EDT 2021

We took over two sections of Route 5 (Pleasant Street) in Northampton from
MassDOT to allow us to add on-street parking and an aggressive complete
streets treatment. It was a multi-year process since we asked MassDOT to
design and install a roundabout at the gateway to this road before we took
it over.

Wayne Feiden, FAICP, Director Planning & Sustainability
City of Northampton
210 Main St, City Hall, Northampton, MA  01060
(413) 587-1265
www.NorthamptonMA.gov/PLAN   <http://www.NorthamptonMA.gov/plan>