[Massplanners] Conservation Districts

Brian Szekely brian.szekely at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 08:45:04 EDT 2021

Hi Emily,
  The Town of Winchester went through this process in 2015/2016. We call
them Heritage Districts in town, but it is an APD/CD. We had to go through
Town Meeting as a general bylaw. It was unique (and not necessarily liked
by hard-core preservationists) because it was an Opt-IN. Because it was an
Opt-IN, there was very little discussion at town meeting, as nobody was
being forced to be in the district that didn't want to be. Link to the
handbook for the district is below.

https://winchester.us/DocumentCenter/View/4359/Rangeley-Park-Heritage-District-Handbook-03-04-2020-PDF