[Massplanners] Town of North Attleboro Requests for Proposals for a Mixed-use Overlay District, Design Guidelines, and a Land-use Inventory

Gil Hilario ghilario at nattleboro.com
Mon Oct 25 16:06:01 EDT 2021

Dear MassPlanners,

North Attleboro is going through an exciting time where we are launching a few planning initiatives to coincide with the Town's new 2022 Master Plan. We've already released an RFP for consultant services to develop a mixed-use overlay district, and we got two more! The Town is also issuing Requests for Proposals for a consultant to develop design guidelines for our vibrant downtown and two commercial sectors and another for a land inventory catalog for strategic planning services. More information on the RFPs can be found here:

https://www.nattleboro.com/sites/g/files/vyhlif3566/f/uploads/town_of_north_attleboro_rfp_for_mixed-use_overlay_district_0.pdf

https://www.nattleboro.com/sites/g/files/vyhlif3566/f/uploads/town_of_north_attleboro_rfp_design_guidelines_final_0.pdf

https://www.nattleboro.com/sites/g/files/vyhlif3566/f/uploads/town_of_north_attleboro_rfp_land_use_inventory_for_strategic_services.pdf

These are three separate projects although a consultant can submit a proposal for more than one in a single bid if capable and will result in cost savings. The downtown in North Attleboro makes for a nice stroll with neat stores and restaurants on a mile strip in addition to a weekly farmers' market, block parties, and a coming brewery. North Attleboro also has two active commercial corridors. The ultimate goals of the design guidelines are to uplift the downtown and commercial areas aesthetically, add strategic placemaking, and improve the pedestrian experience.  A streetscape plan for the downtown is also part of the design guidelines RFP.

The mixed-use overlay district RFP is to promote housing and businesses for a vibrant setting that supports each other.  Also, to make mixed-use development easier to read in the bylaws and more identifiable. This mixed-use bylaw also has the potential to be involved in an exciting reimagining project with a mall. This project can also possibly expand to further codification of the zoning bylaws. The land inventory project is for a consultant to create an organized catalog of Town owned land and to develop a strategic plan for its best use to facilitate economic development or for land protection.

THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT PROPOSALS IS NOVEMBER 24,2021 AT 3:00 PM. The RFP's will on the Town of North Attleboro's Planning Board website.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach me at ghilario at nattleboro.com

Thanks!

Gil Hilario, CFM

Town Planner