[Massplanners] Peer Review Engineers -- Marijuana Cultivation & Manufacturing

Stephanie Davies seniorplanner at cityofattleboro.us
Fri Oct 15 09:51:31 EDT 2021

Hi Betsy,

I understand that the CCC does not allow odors, nor does our local ordinance.  However, I can assure you that odors are detectable at some facilities across the state and we would like to avoid that situation as it is easier to design a good system rather than retrofit a faulty one!  A couple of articles below document the concern:

https://www.berkshireeagle.com/archives/odor-fears-take-root-in-the-berkshires-with-pot-growth-proposals/article_3edc69dd-38ac-57b7-a49a-adb1b8b6bf0d.html

https://www.boston25news.com/news/sterling-gym-blames-foul-odor-on-nearby-medical-marijuana-facility/934693585/

Decisions about the locations of exhaust fans on the exterior vis-à-vis neighboring properties; which processes within the building will be outfitted with odor mitigation; operation/maintenance plans, etc.  are the types of considerations that we believe a consultant could really help us navigate before approval.

Regards,

Stephanie

Stephanie Davies

Senior Land Use Planner