[Massplanners] FW: Request for Posting

Dan Fortier dfortier at town.dennis.ma.us
Fri Oct 8 14:42:07 EDT 2021

Bill

I am not familiar with any possible legislative authority for such a requirement. There is specific authorization for withholding permits if taxes are unpaid, but, beyond that, I am not familiar with having such authority for local officials.  Plus, there are many reasons, beyond a permit got tied up in court, that one project may proceed more slowly than another. Is it really within the communities purview to say, you can't start project B, that has a committed tenant, because project A, which was more speculative, is not completed? Is that even in the community's best interest? Hold down one economic investment because another is moving more slowly? There isn't even a mechanism under zoning or subdivision to say a convicted felon, convicted for fraud, should not be provided the opportunity to be granted a permit. Each project is based upon that project alone, and not past track record of personal morals of the applicant.

Dan Fortier
Dennis Town Planner