[Massplanners] OSRP Costs?

Takashi Tada ttada at grotonma.gov
Thu Oct 7 12:33:02 EDT 2021

Hi Maren,

Hope you're doing well.  I received the following summary of Groton's OSRP update from our Conservation Administrator, Nikolis Gualco:

"The 2019 update of the OSRP took just over 12 months to complete.  We received bids ranging from $18,000 to $30,000 to hire a planning firm to assist the town with this task.  Typically the update is broken down into two phases with Phase 1 consisting of outreach, hosting meetings, reviewing the current OSRP and Phase 2 consisting of writing the plan, creating maps and tables, etc.

Aside from the consultant's fees, the process of updating this plan was very time consuming for me (staff) as well as the members of the Conservation Commission who participated in the working group we created.  With that said, we choose to take a very active role in the update.  We held numerous public meetings, conducted outreach and listening sessions, hosted a public forum, participated in community events to solicit input to the plan.

Finally, I would emphasize the importance of the ADA Self-Evaluation portion of the plan.  Our initial submission was not sufficient by the State reviewer, which resulted in a lot of additional and unplanned work on my end during the final months of the plan."

Thanks,
Takashi

Takashi Tada
Land Use Director/Town Planner