[Massplanners] Inclusionary Housing Ordinances

Darlene Wynne dwynne at beverlyma.gov
Tue Oct 5 14:12:09 EDT 2021

Hi Ryan
In Beverly we require 12% of units at 80% AMI or 8% of units at 60% AMI, or
a combination of both. This change was made in about 2016. We have found
that the lower affordability has been more popular and successful in recent
years in qualifying tenants. https://ecode360.com/29285153
<https://ecode360.com/29285153>

But if it's important to get a minimum of 10% of units, that might not work
as well. We hover around 12% SHI, but do need to keep our eye on that
number.

Darlene Wynne, AICP

*City of Beverly*

*Director of Planning & Community Development*

*978-605-2341*

*dwynne at beverlyma.gov <dwynne at beverlyma.gov>*

*--*

*When responding, please be aware that the Massachusetts Secretary of State
has determined that most email is public record and therefore cannot be
kept confidential. *