[Massplanners] City of Lynn Seeking Consultants for Comprehensive Plan

Lauren.Drago Lauren.Drago at lynnma.gov
Mon Nov 29 11:04:21 EST 2021

Hi MassPlanners,

The City of Lynn has posted an RFP for consulting services for Lynn's first-ever long-term comprehensive plan, Vision Lynn. Specifications are available via email/mail upon request by contacting the City's purchasing department at 781-586-6893 or by email at purchasing at lynnma.gov.

I think this will be a particularly interesting project, in part because of our focused approach and in part because Lynn is in such a cool phase of its evolution. Our key objectives for the plan include:

  *   To generate broad community buy-in for the final comprehensive plan through meaningful and intentional community engagement.
  *   To establish a focused plan that articulates the community-wide vision to serve as a foundation for future planning initiatives while also appropriately stitching together (rather than replacing) relevant existing plans. (Translation: no exhaustive topic area chapters.)
  *   To create an accessible, concise document that is clear and compelling enough to serve the people of Lynn for the next twenty years.

You can check out our project website (https://lynnincommon.com/vision-lynn) for more information about the project, but email purchasing at lynnma.gov for the full RFP. Proposals are due by January 3.

Best,

Lauren

Lauren Drago, AICP
Associate Planning Director
City of Lynn
Lauren.Drago at LynnMA.gov<mailto:Lauren.Drago at LynnMA.gov> | cell: 617-869-5271