[Massplanners] Bicycle Parking Standards

Tom Devine tdevine at Salem.com
Mon Nov 1 08:57:49 EDT 2021

Hello Darlene,

The Salem Planning Board uses these guidelines from 2018. We are planning to incorporate these as requirements into our zoning ordinance.

https://www.salem.com/sites/g/files/vyhlif3756/f/pages/salem_bike_parking_guidelines.pdf

Best,
Tom

Tom Devine, AICP | Senior Planner
City of Salem Department of Planning & Community Development
98 Washington St., 2nd Floor | Salem, MA 01970
978-619-5685 | tdevine at salem.com<mailto:tdevine at salem.com>

From: MassPlanners <massplanners-bounces at masscptc.org> On Behalf Of Darlene Wynne via MassPlanners
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2021 10:53 AM
To: massplanners at masscptc.org
Subject: [Massplanners] Bicycle Parking Standards

Hi all,
We are looking to amend our Zoning Ordinance to add minimum bicycle parking standards in addition to our existing automobile parking standards. What other communities have bicycle parking standards and can you please share them?. Particularly I'm interested in communities with similar mode share as Beverly: e.g. greater than 75% auto/drive alone, less than 5% bicycle commuting.

Thank you,

Darlene Wynne, AICP
City of Beverly
Director of Planning & Community Development
978-605-2341
dwynne at beverlyma.gov<mailto:dwynne at beverlyma.gov>

[https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1YLZ8WVjCU2w3bPsYpcuHS4XU_tk8qpXO&revid=0B9ALRqvKVYgmMkZGbXJBSkR5VHIzY3lFZUpXNEIyUUk5cTVBPQ]
--
When responding, please be aware that the Massachusetts Secretary of State has determined that most email is public record and therefore cannot be kept confidential.