[Massplanners] Housing Choice legislation

Hurley, Margaret (AGO) margaret.hurley at state.ma.us
Thu Jun 24 10:35:38 EDT 2021

Hello Planners:

In follow-up to my "test" email, I wanted to spread the word that the AGO's Municipal Law Unit is trying to highlight the provisions of the recent housing choice legislation by pointing to examples in our decisions. If anyone has experience with a recent zoning by-law vote that passed town meeting by simple majority (per the legislative amendments), or passed by two-thirds and could have been adopted by a simple majority in your view, please feel free to email me directly at:

Margaret.Hurley at mass.gov<mailto:Margaret.Hurley at mass.gov>

All the best to all of you for a healthy and productive summer!

Margaret Hurley
Director, Municipal Law Unit
Office of the Attorney General