[Massplanners] Assistant Town Planner

Ken Buckland ken.buckland at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 11:36:30 EDT 2021

We are looking for a town/urban planner in a busy office that provides lots
of experience with a wide diversity of projects.We have a master developer
for an historic factory and a turning point project in the downtown center.
There is a dam removal project and a hydroelectric dam/energy park project.
A beautiful 93 unit community housing project and a sustainable
downtown/climate change impact study underway. We have made $1million/year
in marijuana fees which are being used to fund a new public safety center.
The office is responsible for the CDBG program, the land use boards and
conservation and the typical grants and funding needs. This office sits on
the Road Commission and the Redevelopment Authority, which is starting  a
renewal plan.We have a branding/marketing program to highlight 54 miles of
Buzzards Bay coastline. And, importantly, we have broad political support,
a very friendly town hall and a 4-day work week.And yes, we have the usual
cast of local characters that keep things interesting.
An official announcement is coming soon but if you want to find out more,
give me a call at 508.291.3100 x6501.

Ken Buckland
Planning and Community Development
Town of Wareham